Acupuncture courses | massage courses
Acupuncture courses and massage therapy courses for a professional career in healing - review your options below. If you are completely new to the idea of a career in massage - read this page to get you started.
Acupuncture Course for beginners
Module 1 – 20th November 2013 leading to Modules 2 & 3 for 2014.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) theory is taught through the medium of tuina and gives confidence in touching and treating people before inserting needles.
Students practice needling accurately and deeply as done in China - experiencing
first hand the different effects and sensations that result. By the time you take your exams, you are experienced enough to work as a professional acupuncturist
book Acupuncture course Module 1 online now (choose date on page)
» sports massage therapists
» registered health professionals
Module 3 - 18th July 2013 or July 2014
Students practice needling accurately and deeply as done in China - experiencing first hand the different effects and sensations that result.
This helps build confidence in treating all musculo-skeletal conditions and internal problems across a wide spectrum. By the time you take your exams, you are experienced enough to work as a professional acupuncturist
book Acupuncture course Module 3
Chinese Massage Course
» module 1 Tui Na - 20th November 2013
» module 2 - Tui Na - 4th July 2013
The basis of Chinese medical theory, an essential for a career in Oriental Medicine - including Acupuncture.
Meaning "push and grasp", Tuina is the practitioner's most powerful tool for focussing
deep pressure along the meridians and into their Qi-points
book Tui Na Chinese massage Module 1 now
Massage Master Practitioner Course
» Advanced module - 9th July 2013
Successful completion of our Thai massage therapy course qualifies you to earn a living as a Thai massage practitioner.
All advanced joint manipulation
techniques are taught safely under careful supervision and their use in treating many musculo-skeletal and sports
injury problems are demonstrated and explained
book Thai Massage Master Practitioner course now
who will benefit from these courses | about the qualifications | why study tui na, thai and indonesian massage separately | in which order should the separate therapies be studied | why invest in becoming an oriental bodyworker | why learn acupuncture
- Anyone who wishes to learn the art of hands-on healing for their personal development or for the well-being of their family can do the course without taking any exams.
- Those with no special prior experience who would like to develop a career in Oriental hands-on medicine.
- Professionals already involved in complementary and medical fields such as Aromatherapy, Swedish massage, Reflexology, Sports and Remedial Massage, Shiatsu, Acupuncture, Physiotherapy and Osteopathy who seek new and more effective hands-on treatments to relieve many forms of chronic pain.
All treatment and training given at the BODYHARMONICS® Clinic has evolved and become constantly refined as a result of successfully treating thousands of patients. The clinic is now an established centre of excellence in Oriental Bodywork and Acupuncture and the courses offer recognised examinations and qualifications as follows:
- Separate diploma courses in Tui Na and Thai massage
- Tui Na Foundation Level Diploma includes a Tui Na On-Site Certificate qualification
- Tui Na Master Practitioner Level includes a Sports injury, Maintenance & Rehabilitation Diploma and a Paediatric Diploma
- Thai massage Master Practitioner Level includes a Sports injury, Maintenance & Rehabilitation Diploma
- Diploma in Indonesian massage for those who have successfully completed foundation level Tui Na or Thai massage courses
- Diploma in Paediatric Tui Na (Baby Tui Na) is awarded after completing Tui Na Master Practitioner Level
- Acupuncture courses only for those who have completed Tui Na courses at both foundation and master practitioner with sports injury, rehabilitation and maintenance levels
- An Oriental Bodywork diploma course for those who have completed Tui Na, Thai and Indonesian massage courses at all levels
- Each individual course teaches you different therapeutic skills
- Each of the three therapies offers powerful treatment in its own right and will train you to treat chronic pain, musculo-skeletal problems and sports injuries successfully
- Each is an ancient, traditional, holistic healing system that has withstood the test of time is still widely and successfully practiced today
- Each course provides you with the expertise and skills that enable you to become a qualified practitioner in your chosen field
Students getting hands on practice on one of the Bodyharmonics acupuncture courses
- A detailed knowledge of the Traditional Chinese Medical theory underlying Tui Na greatly enhances one's ability to use Thai and Indonesian bodywork in a therapeutic context.
- Where possible, it is best to learn Tui Na first.
- Our acupuncture courses can only be taken after completing the Tui Na foundation and Tui Na master practitioner level courses. See exemptions under acupuncture.
- Oriental bodywork enables you to treat a wide spectrum of physical, mental and emotional pain
- Oriental bodywork provides you with a choice from hundreds of techniques for treating specific problems
- Oriental bodywork enables you to integrate and combine techniques so that you can tailor your treatment sessions to provide for the particular sensibilities and health needs of your patients
- Oriental bodywork removes the element of boredom for both practitioner and patient for those having regular treatment sessions
- Acupuncture is remarkably effective in its own right but produces results that are quite spectacular when done in conjunction with Tui Na
- Acupuncture with Tui Na is the most intensive therapy of all, opening up to the therapist a very wide range of treatments for internal and musculo-skeletal conditions
- Acupuncture with Tui Na gives you an arsenal of healing skills that will uniquely qualify you to treat patients with even the most difficult of conditions in the most effective and holistic ways possible, giving you a significant edge over your competitors