ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY COURSE
Duration: 5 days over 2 weekends
Time: 10.30 am- 6.00 pm
Exam fees: £75
Home study: 60 hours
The Anatomy and Physiology course is for students who do not have a recognised Level 3 qualification. It is compulsory for Tui Na Module 1, Thai Massage or Indonesian Massage.
Our anatomy and physiology course can start before or after the Tui Na module, but you must have successfully completed one before receiving those diploma.
Anatomy & Physiology Course – October 2018
|Exam day – January 2019||11th|
Anatomy & Physiology Course January 2019
Anatomy and Physiology Course – (A&P)
Teacher, Craig Thorn BSc (Hons) in Biology and a PGCE is a specialist in providing individual help in anatomy and physiology (A&P).
The Bodyharmonics Anatomy & Physiology (A&P) course places emphasis on the maintenance of balance and energy flow in the body’s systems & the musculo-skeletal system.
Our anatomy & physiology courses (A&P) are not based on a generalised and often diluted Western A & P but specifically structured to make them highly relevant to the Oriental theory being taught. This method allows you to tailor your treatment with confidence and effectiveness to the various needs of your clients.
We have been teaching successful courses for many years. Over time we have fine- tuned our teaching methods to make them very effective in helping students become highly proficient health practitioners.
The course is accredited by Acupuncture-Acutherapy Council (AcuC) and approved by Holistic Insurance which leads to full insurance with either Tui Na or Thai massage
Frequently asked questions about the Anatomy & Physiology course by interested students:
- The Anatomy & Physiology Course (A&P course) can overlap with module 1 course – Yes
- Does studying and passing Modules 1 & 2 Tui Na automatically allow you to move onto Module 3 Acupuncture – Yes
- Is it at all possible to overlap simultaneously Modules 2 & 3 – Yes, if you have enough time. Both modules 2 & 3 cover the same TCM theory, but in more depth for Module 3. Mod 2 includes all the advanced Tui Na techniques & Mod 3 – you start needling
- There is only one Module 3 – Acupuncture course per year. The next one will start June/July.
Book any one of these courses now
Anatomy & Physiology (A&P) Syllabus
- Physical and Chemical Processes Fundamental to Life
Functional aspects of tissues of the musculo-skeletal system.
- The Musculo-Skeletal System
Functions of the skeleton. Position, articulations and names of the principal bones. Structure and classification of joints. Position, origin, insertion and names of principal muscles. Musculature in relation to meridians and Qi-points.
- The Nervous System
Gross features of brain, spinal cord, peripheral and autonomic nervous systems. Innervation of skeletal muscle. Co-ordination, tone and balance, Sense organs of the muscles, tendons and skin.
- Chemical Co-ordination
Hormones and their role in the body.
- Water Balance
Sources of water. The role of water in metabolism. Osmoregulation. The role of water in excretion and elimination.
Blood and lymph.
- Bio Energetics And Metabolism.
Food as fuel and raw material. Digestion as the process that makes food molecules absorbable. Liver function and assimilation.
- Common Pathological Conditions
- Core Subjects
Ethics, first aid and safety in the clinic, hygiene, client handling, management and public relation