Tui Na Manual by Maria Mercati
This Tui Na manual by Maria Mercati introduces Tui Na, a system of Chinese medical massage that controls pain, releases tension and treats common ailments, from back pain and headaches to sciatica and sinusitis.
Tui Na is Chinese massage to awaken body and mind. The Tui Na manual by Maria Mercati enables people to give family and friends healing massage, full clothed, at home or at work.
Tui Na originated in China, as part of the traditional approach to medicine, which also includes herbalism and acupuncture. In contrast to the Western style of massage, Tui Na is invigorating and re-energizing. Tui Na is used to improve sporting performance.
Six chapters of the Tui Na Manual
- The Tui Na Manual by Maria Mercati is presented in six chapters.
- Chapter one describes the effects of Tui Na, and contrasts it with other healing arts and massage styles.
- Chapter two explains the philosophy of traditional Chinese medicine TCM, Yin and Yang, the five substance, and the function the Organs and Five Elements. TCM includes Tui Na, as well as acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine.
- Chapter three presents detailed anatomical diagrams of the body showing the Meridians and Qi-points used in Tui Na massage.
- Chapter four describes the techniques and their benefits used in Tui Na.Chapter five gives step-by-step instructions, with clear photographs on how to do Maria Mercati’s unique whole body Tui Na routine.
Buy the Tui Na DVD to see Tui Na techniques and routine in action.
- Finally, chapter six suggests Tui Na treatments to relieve everyday symptoms for a range of common ailments, as well as those for adolescents, babies and the elderly. This chapter includes a section on Tui Na for sports injuries. It concludes with a simple self-help routine using Maria’s choice of daily Qi points to maintain your health.
- Do a Tui Na Chinese Massage course to improve your skills.