Baby massage – Paediatric Tui Na
On our Tui Na foundation course we cover Tui Na Baby massage for healthcare. We teach you a drug free, natural treatment that will strengthen baby’s immune system, stimulate brain development and relieve common childhood conditions like colic and restlessness. The course feature techniques especially for babies whose meridian systems are still developing.
If you are a mother who would like to learn the techniques to practice at home on your own baby, we would recommend you buy Maria’s instructional dvds
What is Tui Na Baby Massage?
Baby Tui Na Chinese Massage or Paediatric Tui Na is a branch of traditional Chinese Medicine and was developed from Tui Na for adults over a thousand years ago. It has been extensively practised in China for at least 700 years and experience has revealed unique ways and means of affecting the energy flow in the bodies of young children.
Babies have meridian systems that are not fully developed, yet every aspect of a baby’s growth and development depends on Qi flow and its correct balance. Tui Na Chinese massage for infants uses a whole system of points and pathways that often do not correspond with any of the adult ones. Tui Na Chinese massage for babies is powerful medicine and when performed correctly, its effects are profound.
It is during the first five years of a child’s life that the most important physical, neurological and behavioural developments take place. This is the time when disturbances to the flow and diffusion of vital Qi and its balance between the organs can have the most seriously harmful and lasting effects. These include retarded brain development, weakened immune response and slow development of the musculo-skeletal system.
What are the benefits of Tui Na Baby Massage or Paediatric Tui Na ?
- Tui Na Chinese Baby massage maintains the vital Qi (energy) patterns that are essential for healthy development. The result, is a very healthy, strong, bright, happy child.
- Good brain development ensures not only high intelligence but effective functioning of all the more vegetative processes as well. The impact that Tui Na has on the intellectual development of a child raised in a stimulating environment & with a close parental-child relationship can seem like a miracle.
- A strong immune system means not only good resistance to childhood ailments but also a greatly reduced tendency to react to the ever increasing amounts of substances in our environment that can cause allergies such as asthma and eczema.
- Strong well developed neuromuscular and skeletal systems ensure good motor co-ordination which enhances the development of the physical skills such as writing, drawing and sports.
- Tui Na Chinese Baby massage is completely holistic in its action and treats the whole body. Most mothers want to give their children the best start in life. This means doing all that is possible to allow each child to develop to the full potential determined by it genes.
- Tui Na Chinese Baby massage achieves its results by balancing Qi (energy) and promoting its free flow.
Can Baby Tui Na Chinese Massage be used for treating illness?
Baby and paediatric tui na Chinese massageAll illnesses are the result of disturbance to the normal flow of Qi. Tui Na can restore this flow to treat the most common health problems of young children: teething, colic, restlessness, bed wetting, colds, convulsions etc.
What is the difference between baby Tui Na Chinese massage and oil based Western baby massage?
- Oil based massages can be very relaxing and soothing and help to reinforce the bond between parent and child. Tui Na does the same and much more and can be done through clothing.
- Baby Tui Na is unique. It is the only hands-on system that has been developed specifically for the total healthcare of infants from birth to six years.
Baby Tui Na is completely different from Western baby massage.
Other forms of massage currently used for babies and young children are based only on slight adaptations of the methods used for adults and are generally not remedial in content.
Baby Tui Na is based on sophisticated theory that has been systematically documented over a period of one thousand years during which all the techniques in use today have been tested a million times.
Baby Tui Na enables you to balance the intrinsic energies of your child’s body and mind.
Common childhood ailments such as Colds, Coughs, Restlessness, Colic, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Fever, Bedwetting, Asthma, Convulsions, Teething etc…are all available on 6 DVD’s
How to book a baby massage course
Tui Na Baby Massage healthcare routine is taught as part of the regular Tui Na foundation courses:
Tui Na Foundation Diploma
Healthcare aims at teaching you a basic but essential healthcare routine using techniques that have been tried and tested for 1,000 years. The Tui Na techniques are designed to boost the function of the internal organs by balancing their intrinsic energies and thereby strengthening the immune system and promote brain development. Relevant traditional Chinese medical theory will be covered.