Tui Na Medical Massage Foundation Course – Module 1
Course length – 11 days
Weekend 1 – five days
Weekend 2 – four days
Weekend 3 – two days (revision, written TCM and practical Tui Na exams)
Course times – 10.30am to 6.00pm
Actual Clinical Case studies: 40 hours. Writing up case studies for assessment – 20 hours
The required private study – minimum 45 hours.
Upon successfully passing you will receive a Tui Na Foundation Diploma with an On site Tui Na Certificate.
This is the 23rd consecutive year that this Tui Na course has been run by Maria & Graham Mercati
Maria Mercati introduced the first authentic Tui Na training course to the UK in 1995.
Following her research and studies in China, in 1992, she created and introduced her original, whole-body, traditional Chinese medical massage and manipulation programme. Maria together with her son Graham have taught over 600 students and are still the original and the best! Read testimonials.
Learn Tui Na using acupressure/acupuncture points from day one
You will learn the positions of the 12 primary and the 2 Extraordinary Meridians and the location and use of 100 acupuncture points fundamental for the practical skills that we teach you.
All the necessary Traditional Chinese Medical (TCM) theory that is essential for this level is taught through the medium of Tui Na which is used practically right from the start. This forms the basis of Tui Na therapy.
“I liked the way the course put theory into relevant and practical use and Maria’s willingness for us to achieve success as practitioners”.
Grant Tui Na Master Practitioner course (2007)
Learn to palpate the body and accurately locate the acupuncture points.
Each acupuncture point has a unique physical quality that you will learn to knead. This will enable you to feel, detect and diagnose pathological changes in the underlying tissues which are vital before ever inserting a needle. No student should ever insert a needle into a patient without this theoretical and clinical experience.
Maria Mercati’s Tui Na Medical Massage Foundation course includes training in:
- Whole body Tui Na, using healthcare techniques and 100 acupuncture points for treatment.
- On-site Tui Na neck & shoulder techniques to be used in offices. The expensive massage chairs that are used by other on-site therapies are not required for Tui Na
- Paediatric Tui Na which includes basic healthcare and the treatment of common ailments in children. SEE MORE
Authentic Tui Na is performed through clothing
After completing the foundation level course, you will be very effective in maintaining good health for your clients and be able to treat some common musculoskeletal conditions and sports injuries. Module 2 – The Tui Na Master practitioner course provides further manipulation skills for musculoskeletal conditions and sports injuries.
For successful participants, the Tui Na foundation level course provides effective massage skills to earn money immediately.
Short Tui Na courses that teach some Tui Na techniques using oil on the bare skin and without the underlying Chinese Meridian theory and 100 acupoints, do not teach Tui Na as it is taught in China.
The Meridians and acupoints together with relevant TCM theory provide fundamental guidance for the therapist and produce the therapeutic results. The Tui Na techniques we teach you are the tools that will ultimately set you apart from your competitors. Our techniques come directly from a wide range of teaching hospitals in China. We ensure you can use them in the right way to achieve this outcome.
What can Tui Na Chinese Massage do for you?
- Regular Tui na is effective in maintaining good health and can resolve a wide variety of pathological conditions
- Tui Na speeds up healing in the musculoskeletal system treating all chronic and acute neck, shoulder, back and joint pain, sciatica and arthritis.
- Tui Na even promotes healing in the most inert connective tissues such as tendons and ligaments. Uniquely effective techniques quickly release fibrotic myofascial.
- Tui Na is the most effective way of treating sports injuries. China’s Olympic successes are testimony to its effectiveness.
- Common chronic conditions such as headaches, migraine, IBS, insomnia, tension, restlessness etc. all respond well to Tui Na Chinese Massage.
- Tui Na is used for all conditions that in the West would be treated by osteopaths, chiropractors and physiotherapists plus many that would require drug therapy.
“It was interesting, informal but we still all learnt a lot. The course was well set out, lectures were clear and the Practical was fun.”
Adele Stephens TuiNa Foundation (2002)